When you configure a DSN for an Oracle database, you must also specify values for the Oracle_Home and Library path environment variables by using the following procedure. For information about the values to set for these variables, consult your database administrator.
To set Oracle environment variables
1. Open the Administration Console by using the following URL:
where [HOSTNAME] is the hostname of your Web server and [PORT] is the port on which the Administration Console is running (5100 by default).
2. On the ASP Server tab of the Server Management page (the first page to display when you open the Administration Console), click Databases.
3. On the Databases page, click the Environment tab.
The Environment Database Specific Variables page displays.
4. Under the Oracle heading, in the ORACLE_HOME and Library path boxes, type the desired values.
5. Select the Restart the ASP Server after saving check box, and then click Save.
Restarting the ASP Server resets all Session and Application variables.
Configuring a Database in this chapter
Copyright 2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notice.