Sun Chili!Soft ASP is designed for the easy setup, administration, and deployment of Active Server Pages on Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, and Windows NT and Windows 2000. Sun Chili!Soft ASP includes the following key features:
· One-hundred percent pure Active Server Pages support: Sun Chili!Soft ASP supports the most common and frequently used ASP standards, such as ASP 2.0, VBScript 3.2, and JScript 3.2. You can easily deploy new or existing ASP applications with few or no changes to code.
· Authentic Microsoft scripting engines: Sun Chili!Soft ASP includes authentic Microsoft VBScript and JScript scripting engines, guaranteeing complete code compatibility and preventing extended debugging cycles for ASP applications.
· Database connectivity tools suite: Sun Chili!Soft ASP includes support for ADO 2.0 and provides ODBC drivers for all major databases (UNIX and Linux versions). ODBC drivers are provided by DataDirect Technologies (a former business unit of MERANT), the leading provider of enterprise database connectivity. With Sun Chili!Soft ASP, you have everything you need to integrate data with your ASP application. Drivers do not need to be purchased separately.
· Chili!Beans COM-to-Java bridge: Because COM (Component Object Model) objects have limited portability, the use of Java components is strongly recommended. Sun Chili!Beans provides full access to Java's object-oriented environment directly from ASP scripting, and acts as a dynamic COM wrapper that exposes the public methods and properties of the wrapped Java class. This functionality allows you to integrate these components into your ASP Web applications. Chili!Beans is the fastest, most efficient method of developing ASP applications that are both portable and extendable.
· Powerful and scalable ASP processing: Sun Chili!Soft ASP includes a browser-based Administration Console for easy management and configuration of the ASP Server engine. It also provides server monitoring and diagnostic tools for real-time tracking and monitoring of server performance and availability, and ASP error logging for quick detection and diagnosis of server errors.
· Web application developer tool integration: Sun Chili!Soft ASP works directly with leading Web application development tool vendors such as Macromedia, Adobe, and Microsoft to ensure that your applications work seamlessly with Sun Chili!Soft ASP.
· World-class support: Sun Chili!Soft ASP is backed by Sun's global support network and its world-class support.
· What is ASP? in this chapter
· What is Sun Chili!Soft ASP? in this chapter
· Chapter 4: Building a Sun Chili!Soft ASP Application
· Supported Platforms and Web Servers in "Chapter 1: About Sun Chili!Soft ASP"
Copyright 2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notice.