Sun Chili!Soft ASP supports the scenario in which users share physical hardware and a Web server, such as with an Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Internet Presence Provider (IPP). In a shared Web hosting environment, a single Web server installation answers requests for multiple domain names by using virtual hosts. This section provides information about running Sun Chili!Soft ASP in a shared Web hosting environment.
In this section:
· Creating Database Connections in a Shared Environment
· Defining Applications in a Shared Environment
· Using the User Configuration File
· Using the FrontPage Services File in a Shared Environment
The following topic in this chapter describes security information you should be aware of when configuring a shared Web hosting environment:
· Securing the Server
The following section in this chapter describes advanced options for administering Sun Chili!Soft ASP, which can give you more flexibility when configuring a shared hosting environment:
· Advanced Administration Options
Copyright 2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notice.