The Sun Chili!Soft ASP setup program takes you through the steps required to install Sun Chili!Soft ASP 3.6.2 for Windows. All configuration is performed during installation.
Before you begin, make sure you meet the following requirements:
· You are logged on to the server with administrator privileges.
· Your server configuration meets the requirements listed in "Installation Requirements: Sun Chili!Soft ASP for Windows" in this chapter.
· All applications that use ODBC connections are closed.
· The Web server is stopped. If you are running the Web server as an executable, stop the server by shutting it down or by closing the executable's window. If you are running the Web server as a service, stop the service via the Windows Control Panel.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Sun Chili!Soft ASP, you will run the setup program as described below, but first you must take additional steps. See "Upgrading Sun Chili!Soft ASP for Windows" in this chapter before beginning the upgrade installation.
To run the setup program and install Sun Chili!Soft ASP, use the following procedure.
To run the setup program
1. Launch the setup program:
If you are installing Sun Chili!Soft ASP from a CD-ROM, insert the CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive. If the setup program does not start automatically, double-click the setup.exe file located on the CD-ROM.
If you are downloading Sun Chili!Soft ASP from the Web, download the installation file, casp362.exe, and then double-click the file.
2. Perform the step-by-step installation, as prompted by the setup program.
Note: During installation you will be asked for the complete pathname of the folder in which you want to install Sun Chili!Soft ASP 3.6.2. If you are upgrading from a previous version of Sun Chili!Soft ASP, specify the folder in which the previous version is installed. Otherwise, you must uninstall the previous version.
Also, to install and use the Sun Chili!Soft ASP ADO samples, Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.5 or higher must be installed on your computer. If you opt to install the samples during the installation of Sun Chili!Soft ASP, and MDAC 2.5 is not yet installed, you have the option to install it. If you choose to install MDAC 2.5, the setup program walks you through the MDAC installation. Following installation, restart your computer and then rerun the Sun Chili!Soft ASP 3.6.2 setup program as described in this topic.
3. After the installation of Sun Chili!Soft ASP is finished and you have restarted your computer, restart the Web server that was configured to run with Sun Chili!Soft ASP.
· Sun Chili!Soft ASP runs automatically whenever an ASP page is requested by a user (as long as the Web server is running). Sun Chili!Soft ASP runs until the Web server is stopped. When the Web server is restarted, Sun Chili!Soft ASP will not run until an ASP page is requested by a user.
· The Sun Chili!Soft ASP Administration Console is referenced throughout this documentation. The Administration Console is available for the UNIX and Linux versions of Sun Chili!Soft ASP only. With Sun Chili!Soft ASP for Windows, all configuration is performed during installation. Some of the Sun Chili!Soft ASP configuration information is stored in registry settings, however, and regedit32 can be used to edit those settings. For more information, see "Editing the Windows Registry" in "Chapter 3: Managing Sun Chili!Soft ASP."
· With Sun Chili!Soft ASP for Windows, ASP applications are defined by adding aliases or virtual directories to the Web server. Sun Chili!Soft ASP treats each alias or virtual directory as an ASP application. With Apache Web Server, ASP applications are defined by adding an alias to the httpd.conf file. With iPlanet Web Server, ASP applications are defined by adding an "additional document directory" using the server's Administration tool.
· ODBC drivers are not installed with Sun Chili!Soft ASP for Windows. Use the Windows ODBC Data Source Administrator (accessed from the Control Panel) to view installed ODBC drivers, and to create and manage DSNs.
Uninstalling Sun Chili!Soft ASP for Windows in this chapter
Copyright 2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notice.