Sun Chili!Soft ASP supports database connection pooling, which improves the performance of applications that rely heavily on database operations. With connection pooling, rather than opening and closing a database connection for each individual request, Sun Chili!Soft ASP uses a connection that is already open.
Sun Chili!Soft ASP uses an ADO control to provide database connectivity. You set the ADO connection pool size parameter by using the Sun Chili!Soft ASP Administration Console. The default ADO connection pool size is 25, which you can either increase or decrease according to your requirements. Setting this parameter to 0 (zero) disables connection pooling.
To set the ADO connection pool size
1. Open the Administration Console by using the following URL:
where [HOSTNAME] is the hostname of your Web server and [PORT] is the port on which the Administration Console is running (5100 by default).
2. On the ASP Server tab of the Server Management page (the first page to display when you open the Administration Console), click Databases.
3. Click the ADO Settings tab.
The ActiveX Data Object Connection Setting page displays.
4. In the Connection pool size box, type the number of connections you want to pool.
5. Click Save, and then click server management in the left navigation pane.
6. Restart the ASP Server by clicking Restart.
Restarting the ASP Server resets all Session and Application variables.
Pooling Database Connections in this chapter
Copyright 2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notice.