You might want to use the Sun Chili!Soft ASP Server to serve Web pages in languages other than United States (US) English or in countries other than the US. If so, you can change the locale setting. When you do this, the ASP Server uses the appropriate code pages for the language associated with the locale you specify. It also correctly formats dates, numbers, and currency according to the locale. Depending on your operating system, you can specify locales for the following languages:
· English - US
· English - British
· Japanese Shift-JIS
To change the Sun Chili!Soft ASP locale setting
1. Open the Administration Console by using the following URL:
where [HOSTNAME] is the hostname of your Web server and [PORT] is the port on which the Administration Console is running (5100 by default).
2. On the ASP Server tab of the Server Management page (the first page to display when you open the Administration Console), click Settings.
The Server Settings page displays.
3. In the Locale drop-down list, select the desired locale.
4. Click Save to save your changes.
- or -
Click Cancel to revert to the last settings that were saved.
The Server Management page displays.
5. To put your changes into effect, restart the ASP Server by clicking Restart.
Restarting the ASP Server resets all Session and Application variables.
Developing International Applications in "Chapter 4: Building a Sun Chili!Soft ASP Application"
Copyright 2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notice.