During installation, the Sun Chili!Soft ASP setup program creates a username and password to restrict access to the Sun Chili!Soft ASP Administration Console. You can add, edit, and delete usernames and passwords by using the admtool utility, which is installed with Sun Chili!Soft ASP. You cannot configure usernames and passwords for the Administration Console from within the Administration Console.
Important Security Note
During installation, if you are running a Cobalt system or if you chose a default configuration for the Administration Console, the setup program sets the administrator username to "admin" and the default password to "root." To protect the security of your server, change the username and password from the defaults as soon as possible.
Sun Chili!Soft ASP enables you to configure usernames and passwords for one or more Administration Console users. To configure usernames and passwords, use the following procedure.
To configure usernames and passwords
1. Telnet or log in to the computer running Sun Chili!Soft ASP as root.
2. Change directories (cd) to the Sun Chili!Soft ASP root installation directory (/opt/casp by default).
3. Start the admtool utility by using the following command:
4. When you start the admtool utility, the following list of options displays. Enter the number of the option you want (4 to add or change a username and password, 5 to remove a username, or 6 to see the current list of usernames), and then follow the prompts.
1. Start admin server. Starts the administration Web server.
2. Stop admin server. Stops the administration Web server.
3. Admin server status. Indicates whether the administration Web server is running or stopped.
4. Add a user. Adds a new administrator username and password or changes the password for an existing username. To add a username and password, enter the new username and password when prompted. To change the password for an existing username, enter the username and the new password when prompted.
5. Remove a user. Removes a username. At the prompt, enter the username you want to remove.
6. List users. Displays a list of all usernames currently configured for the Administration Console.
7. Quit. Saves any changes and exits the admtool utility.
5. When prompted, press Enter to continue.
6. To continue configuring more usernames and passwords, enter the number of the option you want.
7. When finished, enter 7 (Quit) to save your changes and exit the admtool utility.
Accessing the Administration Console in this chapter
Copyright 2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notice.