If you want the ASP Server to stop processing an ASP application, you must remove the ASP application from the ASP Server, as described in the following procedure. This deletes the virtual directory for the application from the Web server. It does not delete the physical directory containing the application files. For more information about ASP applications, see "Configuring ASP Applications" in this chapter.
To remove an ASP application from the ASP Server
1. Open the Administration Console by using the following URL:
where [HOSTNAME] is the hostname of your Web server and [PORT] is the port on which the Administration Console is running (5100 by default).
2. On the ASP Server tab of the Server Management page (the first page to display when you open the Administration Console), click ASP Applications.
The Applications page displays, showing a list of currently configured ASP applications.
3. In line with the application that you want to remove, click remove.
4. When prompted to confirm removing the application, click Yes.
The Applications page displays.
5. In the left navigation pane, click server management.
6. To put your changes into effect, restart the ASP Server by clicking Restart.
Restarting the ASP Server resets all Session and Application variables.
Defining ASP Applications on the Server in "Chapter 2: Installing and Configuring Sun Chili!Soft ASP"
Configuring ASP Applications in this chapter
Editing ASP Application Settings in this chapter
Adding an ASP Application in this chapter
Copyright 2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notice.